8.18.2006

J's Therapy

Ok, so I haven't mentioned this to many people b/c as parents we want our children to be perfect and we don't want to admit that there could be any fault at all in our children, right?
Well, those of you that know J and watched him grow until 2 years old have seen him walk and you have seen that his walking is a little different than most 2 year olds. I mentioned it to his pediatrician up here at his 2 year check up and she suggested that we see a Pediatric Physical Therapist. So, I put it off forever, b/c I didn't want to admit that there might be something wrong. I've also been watching him for 13 months and I've seen definite improvement. However, when I see him compared to other 2 year olds, I realize that something's still not right. So, I finally called and he had his evaluation yesterday morning. They did an assesment on him to see what his abilities are and she said that she would analyze the results and let me know how he did. But then she laid him on his back and put his knees to his chest and started flexing his ankles. He had a reflex that told her that he has a nervous system delay. She had a fancy word for it that I can't remember now, but it started with a C. She does recommend that he attend physical therapy and thinks that it can help. So we go back next Thursday. I did learn however, not to take W and E with me next time!! NIGHTMARE!! So pray that this therapy will work and that we can get J's development up with his peers. He still is the cutest thing! I was cracking up watching him yesterday! I wished that I had taken the video camera!

Ok, back to the fish, we haven't seen any babies for a couple days now. I don't want to say that we don't have any, b/c every time I say that one reappears. However, it's not looking promising. Hopefully Daisy (formerly Donald) will have more and we can keep them protected. Those babies are SO cute!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad they have suggested therapy. I bet you see an improvement in no time! Now, get some pictures on this site girl. :)

Anonymous said...

That boy will be out running the rest of them in a few weeks!!! Nana