9.17.2006

Long time...no post!

Sorry about that!

Lots has happened since I posted last. First of all, W started Kindergarten. We did decide that what was best for our family was to homeschool W for Kinder. So, I am now a Kindergarten teacher! Who would have thought?? Here's a picture of W on his first day at Sewell Academy:

He's enjoying school and learning lots! I still have a few concerns with his Language Arts and I'm still waiting on the instructor guide for his Math, but other than that it's going well.

We started back to CBS this past Thursday and it was so great! I was really looking forward to getting started again. W couldn't wait to get to his new Kindergarten class and see if his buddy from last year was in his class. He was excited to find out that Markus will be coming to CBS for a little while this year since he has afternoon Kinder. I think I was even more excited to find out that Markus' mom, Ruth, is in my Core Group this year! It was wonderful to have a familiar face. I volunteered to be the group secretary. After CBS we went to lunch at McDonald's with my friend Dawn (she was in my core group last year). That was great fun! My boys think Mrs. Dawn is the coolest!

We were able to start back to our favorite school year activity tonight. AWANA!!!! E is a first year Cubbie this year and W started Sparks. They both are very excited to be back in Awana. I am too. It's a lot different here than it is in Austin, but I'm sure we'll get used to the new way of doing things quickly. It was hard though trying to connect to a bunch of kids I don't know. In Austin, I've known most of the Cubbies since birth. I'm sure by the end of the Awana year, I'll be in love with the 3 year olds in my group. I'm already in love with one of them (E)!!

I started a My Space page and have been having fun finding old friends and reconnecting with them. The link to my page is over to the right if you'd like to check it out. I have to admit though that it's addicting!!

Ok, I think that's all for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

email me when you post, so I'll know to go and read!!!

Kristen said...

I am so glad things are going well! Keep up the posts!