Today is Ethan's birthday! I really can't believe that he's 4. Where has the time gone? Of all 3 of my kids Ethan was the only one that was planned. I loved him even before I was pregnant with him! Chad and I wanted to name him Braden Riley (even before we knew he was a boy), but both of our mom's hated the name. Then we decided that he would be Grant Thomas, but in the last couple weeks of my pregnancy I wanted him to be Grant Michael (Michael is Chad and Will's middle name). However the day after he was born I decided that Grant didn't fit him. What no one knew is that I had fallen in love with the name Ethan and had been calling him that in my mind since conception practically. So, just before the birth certificate was to be filled out I asked Chad what he thought about Ethan Grant. We finally agreed on a name!!! Hallelujah!! It took the family a while to get used to the new name, but now he couldn't be anything else!
Happy Birthday Baby!!
4 comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday to my sweet Ethan. Even though I called you Grant or baby until you were about 3 months old!! LOL!!! I love you, honey. Love, Nana
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN! I'll never forget the day of your birth. Time does fly so fast, but it sure is fun watching it go by. All my love to you sweet boy!
Kristen
We enjoyed talking to you the morning after your birthday Ethan!
Lindsey, he sounds so big! I teared up when I read your post and saw his pic. Thanks for blogging.
Love you guys and miss you!
Oops, I forgot to enter my name. I'm the anonymous post above :)
Post a Comment