10.23.2006

Megan's Visit

Well, my friend Megan flew home yesterday afternoon. She kept telling me that I was wearing her out and I told her that we wouldn't be doing all that we did if she hadn't been here!! So, she was wearing ME out! I'll have to post some pictures after I get them downloaded from the camera.
When she got here on Wednesday we just came home and let her settle in and relax. I cooked dinner and the boys took the evening to warm up to her again.
Thursday we went down to the Pike Place Market and had lunch at Elliot's. We bought a 7 lb Coho Salmon to cook for dinner on Saturday night.
http://www.pikeplacemarket.org/frameset.asp?flash=true
Friday we went to the Hiram Chittenden locks and then drove to Snoqualmie Falls. While at Snoqualmie Falls we took the river hike down to the bottom of the falls. We've never done that before b/c of the boys. But we tried to do it and we made it! It's a mile hike and it's pretty steep. Joshua walked for 3/4 of it! I was so proud of him!
http://www.nws.usace.army.mil/PublicMenu/Menu.cfm?sitename=lwsc&pagename=mainpage
http://www.snoqualmiefalls.com/
Saturday we drove down to the Seattle Aquarium and then went over to the Space Needle. The Aquarium is right on the water and it was really neat. The boys loved seeing the otters and the seals! We also got to watch an Octopus eat a whole crab!! AMAZING!
http://www.seattleaquarium.org/
http://www.spaceneedle.com/
Now I'm still trying to recover from all the running around, but we had a blast! It was great to spend some time with a familiar face. I've been really missing home lately and Megan was a nice reminder!

I'll try to post pictures this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visitors while exhausting are such a joy!! I know you and the boys really enjoyed Megan's visit!! Love,Mom.

Kristen said...

Sounds like a fun but exhausting weekend! We had an exhausting weekend too-I wish it were because we were doing fun stuff like you though! House is ALMOST ready to list! Yay!