Ok, I guess I need to sit down and finally blog about our trip!
We had a wonderful time in spite of a few traumatic hiccups!! First we thought we lost Joshua's car seat and with it all 3 leapsters and all 3 of our camera's. We left it on the shuttle that took us to our room. Thankfully it was still on the shuttle when it came back around!!
Our fist day was Magic Kingdom and we were all so exhausted from taking the red eye that we didn't get to do very much. We had our first character meal at Crystal Palace. That was mine and my mom's favorite meal! The boys had a ball seeing the characters! Joshua had the most fun of all! Then we went back to the hotel for a nap and then got ready for dinner at Ohana at the Polynesian. It was lots of fun! We then went back to Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours and to see the fireworks.
Our second day was Epcot. We started with breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary. Then we went to Epcot. We spent the morning in Future World. The boys rode Test Track and they LOVED it! Our plan then was to eat around the world at the Food & Wine festival but no one was hungry after our buffet breakfast. So we just spent the day in the Future World and then had dinner at the restaurant in Mexico. It was okay. Not bad but really rich. Then we tried to stick around for Illuminations but it started to rain so we went back to the hotel.
Our third day we decided to go back to Epcot for lunch so I could eat around the world! Then we were planning on going over to Magic Kingdom to do some of the stuff we didn't get to do on Sunday. We had just gotten to Epcot when we stopped at the little McDonald's on the right side of the World Showcase (just before Canada) to get lunch for the boys. Chad said he would stay with the boys to feed them if my mom and I wanted to go check out the food & wine for about 20 mins. So we took off. We hadn't gotten very far when it started raining. I grabbed my moms umbrella and left her to put on her poncho and I went running (yes, running) back to Chad and the boys to help get them covered up. When I was almost to them I slipped on a sewer cover and landed flat on my backside. My left elbow, hand and butt cheek took the brunt of the fall and I'm still trying to recover from it. My butt and elbow have nasty bruises and my elbow got skinned up pretty bad. I finally got up and made it over to where Chad was and my mom got there. Then a manager came over and got a wheelchair so that we could go to first aid. I just could NOT stop crying!! I felt so stupid! So, by the time we got done at First Aid it was already after lunch time. By the time we made it all the way around the world (through scattered rain showers) it was almost time for dinner. We went back to the hotel to get dried off for dinner and found my step-dad (who had been playing golf) laying in the bed. He had been throwing up and other stuff (if you know what I mean) all day. GREAT!! We moved our dinner res to lunch the next day and stuck around the hotel during the STORMS!!
The next day we were supposed to go to Animal Kingdom but we decided to skip it b/c we still hadn't gotten to do Magic Kingdom and this was our next to last day. We got up early and went straight to the Magic Kingdom. We did a few things and then had to head over to the Wilderness Lodge for lunch at Whispering Canyon. After lunch we went back to the Magic Kingdom and spent the rest of the afternoon there. Then we went back to hotel to get ready for dinner. It was our date night and my parents were watching the boys. They decided to go to the Animal Kingdom for extra magic hours. We went back to Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier in Canada - YUM-O!! That was the best meal we had!! We stuck around for Illuminations and then did some shopping b/c I only packed clothes for 4 days not 5 (smart, huh?). When we got back to the hotel we found out that Will started throwing up at dinner in the Animal Kingdom and he continued to throw up all night. During one of the times that I got up with Will I started having issues and was up all night as well.
So, our last day there was supposed to be at MGM. We took it very easy that morning. We just hung out at the hotel. My mom and I took the boys to the beach and let them play in the water. Chad got us all packed up. We cancelled our last character meal at Hollywood & Vine and ate lunch at the hotel by the pool. Then we went and got ready to head to MGM so that we could see all the characters that the boys were REALLY looking forward to - Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., Playhouse Disney, Cars. We got to MGM about 5:15 and found out that most of the character experiences were over at 4. Yes 4!!!! We missed them!! We made it in time for Playhouse Disney's last show and then we left. I was so upset! We just went back to the hotel and ate there again and then let the boys spend the rest of their souvenier money. Then we called it an early night b/c the bell man was picking us up at 5 AM the next morning.
So, aside from all the trauma and the terrible flight times we really did have a wonderful time. The boys don't know what they missed, so that makes it better! We're all ready to go back and trying to plan our next trip!
Thanks for reading my book!! LOL!!
11 years ago

1 comment:
Of course, I didn't fall down or get sick, but I had a Magical Time!!! Love you guys, Mom.
Post a Comment