Wednesday I decided to take the diaper off of Joshua and attempt potty training again. He did SO good!! I was so proud of him! He pottied 3 times before nap and then about 30 after nap! LOL! He did wind up peeing from the top of the stairs at one point, but we established that he doesn't have to come find me every time he needs to potty. He can just go sit on the potty by his self and go. So we decided to go have a "dessert night" to celebrate his success!! After dinner we were walking back to the car and Joshua kicked the back of either Will or Ethan's shoe and down he went. This is the 3rd big fall in less than a week! This time when he fell his front middle teeth hit the pavement. UGH!! Once we got the majority of the bleeding to stop we saw that he chipped the corner of one of those teeth and had a huge busted lip. We decided that the ER wasn't necessary, but I went ahead and called the dentist to try to get in first thing Thursday morning.
We got a 9AM appt. and took him in. There doesn't seem to be any major damage to his teeth. He did so great at the dentist and even sat still for the x-rays. She said to watch for an abscess, but other wise to just keep the area clean and be careful with eating b/c one of the two front teeth is loose. Oh, I forgot to mention that there is still gravel in the tooth that chipped. NICE!
Here are a few pictures of my poor baby:
Wednesday night after the fall
This is from this morning. It's a bad picture but you can see his chipped tooth.
Yesterday afternoon I decided to take him to see the pediatrician as well to discuss why he's fallen so much lately. She didn't really have an answer but she said she would call his physical therapist today to talk with her about it and see if there is any reason for concern. While we were there I had her look at the sore on the side of Will's face. She thinks it's actually a staph infection that's starting in his nose. So she prescribed a topical antibiotic cream to put on it for 2 weeks and see what happens.
That's all I know for now. Joshua is still doing great with the potty! What a relief! We're going to Chad's company picnic tomorrow and I CAN NOT wait! It looks like it's going to be so fun!

2 comments:
That poor baby! You guys have had a rough week!
Oh, give his boo-boos a big kiss from Nana!! Poor baby!! Whoo Hoo though on the potty training!!!! I knew he could do it.
Post a Comment