The orthodontist gave Will his head gear on Tuesday. You will not be seeing a picture of the head gear though. If you want to see it you'll have to come for a visit! It's this big blue contraption that hooks to his expander with rubber bands. It looks highly uncomfortable to me, but he's doing pretty good with it for now. He slept all night with it on last night (the first night we had it) so that's great! Ethan and Joshua of course want head gear now too. I'm going to have to figure out how to "fashion" head gear for them!
Here is a picture of reverse head gear:

We are supposed to continue turning his expander twice a week now and we go back in 4 weeks for a check up. I hope these updates don't totally bore you b/c it fascinates me! I will continue to post updated pictures of his mouth until we're done with treatment. Dr. Manley said that we should start to see an overbite in about 3 months!! I can't wait! He's going to look so different!

2 comments:
Looking good, baby!!! I think Will is going to be surprised at how much this affects how he eats. He'll be able to chew things he didn't know were possible!!! I love you Will!!
I am amazed! Who would have known your orthodontist expenses would start so soon? I think it is fantastic they are able to do so much so early.
Post a Comment