Let's see, where to start?? On Saturday night Chad made me open my first Christmas present. A NEW LAPTOP!!! I SO was not expecting to get a new computer!! It's a Gateway and is way better than my Dell was. It even has a built in webcam and SD card reader! So cool!! It also has an upgraded graphics card so it can run Windows Vista the way it's supposed to! Yea!
Sunday we had a webcam call with Chad's family to open gifts. We got to meet Amanda, Blake's new fiancee and her son Nathan. We also got to see her pretty engagement ring via webcam. Then we started opening. Didi gave the boys pj's, Cars blankets and back packs, and Cars chairs. She gave Ethan and Will Cars cases for all their cars and she gave Joshua some glow in the dark books and a Ratatouille playset. Mimaw Bobbie gave them all remote control cars. Chad got some new gloves, a wallet, a grill light and a book about the Dallas Cowboys that is autographed by one of the former players. I don't remember which one, but he was really impressed by it! I got some smell goods from Bath & Body Works, 2 Rachael Ray cookbooks, a Junior's Cheesecake recipe book, and a food chopper. We also got a $50 gift card to Starbucks!! Mimaw sent us a Kansas City Ham too! I can't wait to cook it!
Then Monday we went to a late lunch at Buca di Beppo with our friends Dawn & Jim and their teenage boys. It was SO fun and SO delicious! We had SO much food left over! As a matter of fact I think I'm going to have Lasagna for lunch today! After lunch we headed to the 5:00 service at our church. It was a wonderful service! I thoroughly enjoyed it! After church we had my friend Angel and her family over for dinner. Angel brought dinner and it was wonderful! After dinner we let all the kids open their Christmas pj's and got some cute pics of them in their pj's.
Christmas morning I woke up and 5 and couldn't get back to sleep! I finally got up at 6:30 and the boys got up at 7. We opened our stockings first. Santa brought the boys socks, underwear, m&m's, cars from the Cars movie, ornaments, High School Musical 2 movie (Will), Jungle Book movie (Ethan) and Robin Hood movie (Joshua). I think that's it. Oh no wait, they also got little mini Etch-a-sketch's. Santa brought Chad all practical stuff - socks, underwear and a white t-shirt. Santa was very good to me though! I got a $25 gift card to iTunes, the newest Pirates of the Caribbean movie (that was really for both of us) and a little blue box from Tiffany's! In it was the matching earrings to the necklace Chad bought me back in October. Yea!
After the stockings we let the boys open all the presents that were to them individually, they wound up with a bunch of stuff to the three of them. They got so much stuff I don't know if I should list it all! You'll be reading for days! I'll try to highlight the big stuff. They each got a kid tough digital camera from Granny J and Grandpa Ted. From my mom they all got pjs. Will got 2 Encyclopedia Brown books, Ethan got a Ratatouille shirt and Joshua got Ratatouille figurines. From us Will got Maternational Xbox game, a Disney mix stick MP3 player and a Snoopy Snocone maker that is identical to one I had when I was a kid! Ethan got the Ratatouille Xbox game, a jack in the box (which was the 1 thing he wanted!), and a 2nd controller for the Xbox so they can play together. Joshua got a Ratatouille game for his leapster, a Fisher Price Internet Launch Pad and a Leapfrog Count and Sing Express train.
Ethan's eyes are closed in EVERY picture!
After they opened all of that we stopped for breakfast. We had our traditional Breakfast Cheesecake! Yum! I kind of messed it up this year so it was a little too rich, but it was still good. I decided to half it since it was just going to be the 5 of us eating it this year. So I only got one package of crescents and one package of cream cheese but I forgot to half all the other ingredients!! What a dope! LOL! Anyway, here's a pic of breakfast:
I should have taken the picture before I cut the cheesecake! Oh and that's my mock mimosa in the picture as well!
I just saw how long this is getting and I think that maybe I should end it here and tell you all the rest in another post. Sorry to leave you hanging like that, but you probably need a potty break by now! LOL!

3 comments:
Aren't our kids so cute?! I feel honoured that you included my kiddos :)
How wonderful it is that you have such good friends to spend the holidays with even if you couldn't be with your family. Love the jammies!
The gifts from Nana were from Pawpaw too. Just want to be sure to give credit where due.
Post a Comment