3.24.2008

Easter Fun and lots of Pictures!

Well, one of my most favorite holidays of the year has come and gone. As Christians, Easter is what it's all about!

We went to church on Saturday night this year and it was such a great service. We sang some really great songs that tied in to Easter so well. "Oh praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead", isn't that great? Isn't that what it's all about?? What an awesome God we serve!

Sunday morning we got up early and saw that the EB had come! We had a different EB doing the shopping this year so the baskets were a little more gender appropriate this year than they have been in the past! Good job EB!!

Then I started making my first Easter meal! I cooked a ham that Chad's grandmother sent us for Christmas. I used a recipe from my friend Alisa and it was DELICIOUS!!!! I also made deviled eggs, asparagus and fruit salad. I bought a loaf of sourdough bread that we sliced up too. Our friends Dawn and Jim came over with their teenage boys. They brought some broccoli and a yummy green salad. We had quite the meal! It was so yummy!

After lunch Chad, Jim, his boys and Will all headed into the living room to play Rock Band! They were all rocking out and having a good time! While they were "playing" Dawn, Joshua and Ethan were decorating rice krispie treats.
A good time was had by all!! Oh wait, I almost forgot the family pic!And just to prove I have a sense of humor, I'll include this picture. We were trying to get a new belly shot for you all but I wasn't happy with any of them. So, I started being silly!
Hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

You have come a long way in the 8 years I have known you. There is no way you would have ever showed the world a crazy picture like that of you! :) I think it is pretty cool how much we have all changed in those 8 years.....

Amanda said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful day together. You have such a beautiful family. Your shirt is too cute and you my dear look awesome!!

David and Linda said...

Great pictures! It looks/sounds like y'all had a wonderful time. I made the creamed corn and it was so yummy!:) Thank you!

NanaBlue said...

Looks like your Easter was way more fun than mine!! Wish we could have been there!!! Love you, Mom.

Alison said...

I Love all the pics LuLu!! You are such a cute little prego mama and looks like the boys made out really good this year. So glad your friends could come over and share Easter sunday with you all as well. The last pic rocks!!LOL..you gotta have a sense of humor in life babe. (((HUGS)))Alison