4.22.2008

29 weeks and a great weekend!

We had such a great weekend! We took a road trip up to the San Juan Islands with our good friends David and Carley and their boys. We stayed at the West Beach Resort on the West side of Orcas Island. On the way up to get on the ferry we stopped in Mt. Vernon Washington to see the tulips at the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. I just love seeing all the beautiful tulips! Here is a picture of me at 28 weeks, 6 days in the tulips:

After a 4 hour wait for a ferry and a 1 hour ferry ride, we finally made it to our resort and got settled into our beachfront cabin. This was the view from our front porch:

This is what we woke up to Saturday morning:

By 3:00 in the afternoon this is what it looked like:

Chad in front of the fire at sunset:

My 29 week picture by the fire at sunset:

Sunday morning met with a few surprises. David and Carley discovered that they had a flat tire and David had to change his tire before they could load up and head out. I was a crazy, stalker lady and got a few pictures of that joyous occasion!

And then after we parked our cars in the ferry line to head back to the mainland the boys were all playing by the cars. Joshua had his hands in his pockets and tripped. Down he went. Don't worry, his head caught his fall! A rock on the ground put a nice little gash in his forhead. I didn't get pictures of that though. So, thanks to Carley's first aid kit, we were able to get the bleeding to stop and still have a nice day! Poor baby, he's always falling and hitting his head or his mouth or something.

So there you have it! Our wonderful weekend in the San Juans is sadly over. We're already talking about when we can go back! If you've never been out there, I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You AND the tulips AND the view from your front porch! Mostly you and I'm sure your guys would all agree!

Hang in there, honey, you are doing great. I do not believe I EVER looked as good as you when I was pregnant and I NEVER carried two.

Alison said...

What a AWESOME trip Lindsey! You and the twins are truckin right along,lol!! Those tulips are gorgeous. I'm sure this is a beautiful time of the year up in Washington. Glad you had such a wonderful time and that you got in this trip before those babies come! You look fabulosos! (((HUgs)))

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

You look great!! :) Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

You look great Lindsey!! Almost 30 weeks...whoo hoo!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family!
Kara