4.28.2008

Baby Shower!

God revealed something to me this weekend. What is that, you might ask? It's the fact that He has blessed me with some amazing friends!!

My dear friends Angel and Alisa threw me a wonderful shower on Saturday afternoon! I knew that there was going to be a shower, but they kept the "activities" a secret from me!

My mom flew up for the weekend so she could be here for the shower and we drove up to Alisa's Saturday afternoon. As everyone arrived they had to contribute to this:

It's a ribbon with panties clipped to it. Everyone was asked to bring a pair of panties for me to wear after the babies are born. I had to pick my favorite pair and the person that brought those won a prize. I picked my moms pair!!! Isn't that funny???!! Then I was supposed to try to pick who brought each pair. Some of them stumped me!

Anyway here is the cake that Angel made, it was Red Velvet, my favorite!

Here's a picture of me with Alisa and Angel. My mom was taking the pictures and gave us NO warning! Like my face?

So the big surprise of the shower was that it wasn't for the twins! It was for me! It was a pampering shower since I'll be the mom of 5 boys! I got gift cards to a couple different salons/spas, my favorite restaurants and Starbucks! I got some money to spend on pampering my self any way I choose. I got a few pairs of pj's, a robe, some slippers, a pair of flip flops, some yummy lotions and potions, some pretty soaps and a bag of Starbucks coffee. It was so girly and fun!! There were also a few little gifts for Alex and Andrew! I'm going to share those pictures b/c they're SO cute!


My mom also gave them some beautiful outfits to wear for their dedication, but my cousin only got a picture of me reaching into the bag!

I had a wonderful time and felt so honored and loved!! Thank you Angel and Alisa! Thank you also to Stacy, Kristina, Francine and Dawn for the yummy food!

God is SO good!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

What a neat shower, it looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see pictures of Alex and Andrew!!!

Kristen said...

I am cracking up at the panties! Is that a Pacific NW thing?? lol I am impressed with Angel cake making abilities! Wish I could have been there. My hopes are to get there after the babies are born though.

David and Linda said...

Looks like you had fun! I wish I could have been there but it just didn't work out. I have some things for you - we need to get together!

Alison said...

Lindsey~ How wonderful that these sweet girls threw YOU a shower!!! I knew I liked that Angel for being more than a Navy Wife!LOL...OMG< that cake is amazing! What talent...I cant make a bundt cake,LOL! I wish I could have been there...It is getting closer and closer. Im so happy you had a rockin shower girl!

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! I loved reading about it all! Very sweet friends!!!