4.01.2008

Mom update...

Thank you all for your prayers!! They are defintely helping!

Here is an email that I just got from my step-dad:

"I visited with Cathy at lunch time today and she is feeling much better. The swelling has gone down some but her face has suffered some minor burn damage (like very bad sunburn times 2). The Doctors still don’t know what’s causing the problem. All of the blood cultures are negative, but the Doctors all agree that it’s probably a staph infection. One Doctor told her this afternoon that she could possibly go home in a few days.

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers."

When I've talked to her she sounds good and says she's feeling good now that the fever is gone. She's still concerned with the discoloration and hoping that it doesn't stay forever. She did say that hopefully this was just a natural chemical peel!! LOL!

On another note I have to say some happy birthday's. Today is Joshua's 4th birthday!!! Can you believe it??? Especially those of you in Austin that remember him being born!! I keep thinking that I've miscalculated somehow and he's really just 3! WOW! Also a big happy birthday to my sisters Heather & Dawn, I won't say how old they are, but they are only a year older than me!!

That's all for now! Check back for birthday pictures!!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Oh Lindsey! Thank the Lord...I have been praying for your mother today. I know anything like that was scary for you especially being so far away. On another note, HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY TO JOSHUA!!!Cannot believe he is 4. I also remember you saying it was your sisters b-days today! Happy B-Day to them! Today is my baby sister's b-day as well...she is the BIG 30! (((((Hugs))))))Alison

Kristen said...

Wow on your Mom's burns. How scary. I have never heard of staph infections doing that. Continue to update us! Happy Birthday to Joshua! I too was thinking that I miscalculated and he was 3, but then I remembered that Sarah is 3 and that it couldn't be right. ;)

Angel said...

Praise Jesus! I've been praying for your mom and for you to have peace. Keep me updated. Happy Birthday to Joshua! I can't believe he's 4!!

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord! I will continue to pray for your mom!

I can't believe Joshua is 4! I remember him and Maggie,about the age Billy is now, when I was serving with you in Babies 1. Sweet Joshua, sucking his thumb! I thought that was so cute and little did I know that my little Billy would come out sucking his thumb too!!

Blessings ~ Christi Gallagher

Cheryl said...

Praise the Lord your mom is doing better! That's kinda scary not knowing what's going on. I can't believe Joshua is 4! Boy does time fly!

NanaBlue said...

This is MOM!! I'm home from the hospital and exhausted. I can't thank all of you enough for praying for me and being a huge support for Lindsey. I'm not well yet and would still covet your prayers. The medicine they sent me home from the hospital with is $1000 dollars after insurance (my share). They paid $580!! And it's only 40 pills. This is some mean stuff I've got and will take some time to actually get completely rid of it~~Thanks again for all your prayers!!