4.03.2008

My Mom is HOME!!!

Yea!!! They finally discharged her today and she's getting to sleep in her own bed tonight!

She just commented on my last post so I'm going to copy and paste it here:

"Nana Blue said...
This is MOM!! I'm home from the hospital and exhausted. I can't thank all of you enough for praying for me and being a huge support for Lindsey. I'm not well yet and would still covet your prayers. The medicine they sent me home from the hospital with is $1000 dollars after insurance (my share). They paid $580!! And it's only 40 pills. This is some mean stuff I've got and will take some time to actually get completely rid of it~~Thanks again for all your prayers!!"

Yes, thank you all for your prayers! I'm so relieved that she's getting better and home now. I've never wanted to get a plane more in my whole life, but she and my step-dad wouldn't let me. They didn't want me to take the chance that she could be contagious. So I stayed and waited for updates and prayed in between.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

Angel said...

I am so glad she is safe at home and you can finally breathe! I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Alison said...

I am also glad she is home! I have been praying and will continue to for complete healing for your mom. I know it had to be very hard NOT to get on a plane but they were right and just taking precaution for you&the twins. I cannot believe the cost of the medication!!!OMG...it sounds about as much as the new(at the time)anti-rejection drug my sister was on after her 2nd liver transplant. When she reads this I want her to know many prayers are STILL be lifted up for her!

Cheryl said...

Yeah!! God is awesome! Glad she is home Lindsey. We continue to pray for her complete recovery.

NanaBlue said...

I was mistaken on the # of pills. It was only 20 pills (not 40) for $1000. The total cost before insurance was $1566. Youch!!!

Amanda said...

Wonderful news!!! I know you are so happy to know your Mom's home and doing SO much better! I will pray for her continued healing.

Kristen said...

I am so glad to here your mom is home and doing well. Ouch on the medication price. That is just insane!