Last night I realized that I hadn't felt Baby B moving all day. So, after dinner I went to lay down and see if he would start moving once I stretched out. Well, he didn't move, but he did get hiccups, so I assumed all was well and went to bed. Mom, Ethan, Joshua and I spent today out and about. I was trying really hard to notice if I felt any movement from Baby B today and I wasn't feeling much. When we went to pick Will up from school (no, he's not done yet, but Thursday - the 19th - is his last day) we got there an hour early so I laid my seat back and again tried to give him space to move around. I again didn't feel anything. So, once we got Will in the car, I called my OB's office and told them what was going on. They told me to go to labor & delivery to be monitored and that they would call and let them know that I was coming. I sent Chad a text and told him where we were headed and he left a meeting that he was presenting at to meet us there. I quickly received a call back from the dr's office saying that L&D was full and I should go to the women's clinic where I've been going for my weekly non-stress tests. So, we met Chad there and I got hooked up to the monitors. The nurse quickly found Baby B's heartbeat and then moved on to find Baby A's. Both hearts were beating and sounded good! Praise the Lord! Both babies were monitored for about 45 minutes when she decided that she wasn't getting the results she had hoped for from Baby A. So she took B off the monitor and turned me over to my right side to monitor A for about 15 more minutes. Finally he started doing what she wanted him to and she was able to get the readings she wanted. She said that they both looked good and her only concern was that both of their baseline heart rates were lower than the last time I was monitored. She made a quick call to my dr's office to let them know before she let me leave and once all was okay'd we were free to go.
I have my next doctor appointment on Friday and maybe I'll have some news to share then! Thank you to all of you who are praying for us and offering your support & encouragement. It means more to me than you'll ever know!
11 years ago

10 comments:
Oh Lindsey...I don't think I could read this post fast enough. I think I was speed reading until the very last word. Praise the lord the babies are alright. I'm glad you decided to call your OB's office. Big hugs!!!!
I posted on your mom's blog. I know that you are anxious. Anytime the babies don't do what you are expecting them to do is scary. This my prayer today :
Lord, I know that these children (the entire family) are in your hands. I pray for peace and joy and, most of all, a swift and safe delivery. I thank you for allowing Cathy to be with Lindsey and her family. Now may they all rest in You. Amen
Since I seem to review your postings on a regular basis, I decided it was time to set up a way I could leave comments for you! I'm thanking God for your continued good health and the same for your babies. I know wherever you are, God is, and all is well! Sounds like your Mom got there just in time. Hang in there. Not much longer now.
Oh Lindsey, I know how scary that is! Praise God they are both ok. We spent the Friday before Brennan was born in L&D for the same thing. We were there 4 hours before they decided he was stable enough for me to go home and I was told to lay on my left side until I delivered. So easy to do with 3 other boys. I am anxious to hear what the doctor says tomorrow!
Praying for healthy babies!! Hopefully you get to meet them really soon! :)
i bet you were so scared! i will be praying for ya'll. can't wait to her about your apt. on friday!
it is so wonderful that your mom is allready there ya'll can share this special time together!
blessings to you!
Wow! I'm glad everything worked out and the babies are fine. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Hopefully the babies will come this weekend :) Good thing your mom was there to help out. Moms are great!
Thanks for keeping us all updated. I am tempting to call you about 10x a day, but I know you will call when you indeed go into labor...so I sit waiting patiently. :) Can't wait to hear about your appt. tomorrow. Drink some OJ!
Ditto what Mandie said! My heart was in my feet! I can only say THANK YOU GOD for such a great pregnancy (after reading so many that end early, etc. - you know). I wish I were there to help you out!!!!!! Hug hugs girl! I'll check back with you tomorrow... ;)
Wow Linds. I'm glad they were okay! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes by smoothly!
Post a Comment