Well, my brain doesn't work real well these days so I can't really fill you in on every detail of the last week or so. But I can try to give a brief synopsis. Basically the babies are not back up to their birth weights yet. While we're not panicking about this, we are concerned and going in for frequent weight checks. I'm also nursing the twins every two hours and then supplementing them after every feeding for Andrew and every other feeding for Alex with an ounce of breast milk or formula. By the time I get done nursing, changing, burping and feeding bottles to the babies I have 30 minutes until the next feeding. Not much time to get on here and update you all. Not to mention that I'm COMPLETELY exhausted! We're also still dealing with Andrew's jaundice. It's not gone away and his bilirubin numbers have gone back up since he finished the photo therapy. The doctor is not recommending any drastic measures right now. Just to continue supplementing and frequent feeding to try to flush out the bilirubin. We go back on Wednesday for another weight check and I think they'll draw blood on Andrew to check his bilirubin numbers again. Basically we could really use your prayers right now! This all has been really tough on me emotionally and I'm still trying to heal physically. Carrying and pushing out 14 lbs of babies really can do a number on your down there area!!
Anyway, that's pretty much it for now! The big boys are at VBS this week and it's been wonderful! They started last night and while they were at the church Chad and I went to dinner at Outback with the twins. The twins slept through the whole meal and we really enjoyed our time together!
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!
The twins! Andrew is in front wide awake, and Alex is sleeping in the back.
My 5 precious boys!!!
Our family of 7!

8 comments:
they are all so precious! all 5 of them!! everytime i think of you i say a little prayer for ya'll!
love and blessings ~
what a sweet family you have!! congrats!
Oh...I feel for you. I will pray that everything starts to normalize with the boys. I had to feed Liam like that and it was really rough on me - and it was only one baby. This part will pass soon. I am impressed that you blogged though!!
Sweetie, you guys look great, know that loads of people back here in Round Rock are praying for you. The boys are precious and I'm so sad I won't get to hold them like your other boys. Get some rest, girl. We love you all.
Lindsey,
I am a spark friend of your mom's from Texas. I wanted to let you know that I will continue to lift your family up in prayer. Take care of yourself as well as those beautiful babies! You have a precious family!
Kathy Robertson
Those boys are so precious!! I am praying for all of you. I can't wait to come visit in just a few weeks!!!!
Take care of yourself-you are such an amazing mother to those boys.
Lindsey, I feel for you too. Bryce had jaundice when he was a baby and I had to feed him often. I can't imagine having another one to feed too and three other big boys wanting my attention. I'm praying for you and your precious family. Love you.
Hi Lindsey! Happy belated congratulations! You have such a beautiful family! I can only imagine what wonderful parents you and Chad are to be blessed with such a happy family. Please know I think of you and your mom often (especially since I heard about this fabulous news). I check in every so often and I will make a point to leave a comment. So many people are thinking of you all!
Jacci (from Gateway)
Post a Comment