3.01.2006

Welcome

Welcome to my newest time waster! Hee hee! I thought I'd jump on the blogging bandwagon and share a few thoughts with my closest friends and family!

As you all know we just made a huge life changing move and we're still trying to adjust to the new way of life. Recently my dear CBC friends asked how I was doing and what was going on, so rather than rewrite all of it, I thought I'd just copy and paste:

Whew, ya'll I'm flat worn out!!
We're in our house now! I LOVE IT!! We have plenty of room for visitors, so start planning your trips now! Seriously! Springs and Summers are supposedly beautiful here!

We're making slow but steady progress on the unpacking. I told the movers that I thought they should leave one person to unwrap things. We're swimming in packing paper! I've never seen so much paper!!
Anyway, thanks for checking on me! Oh by the way, I'm working on making a trip to Austin April 8th and 9th. Will you all be around? If it works out I should be at the late service on the 9th.
We have been attending a church called Overlake Christian Church (
www.occ.org). It's a BIG church! I was real skeptical about being able to make connections in a church that size, but it hasn't been a problem so far. We were quickly connected with the Young Marrieds minister who invited us to his "LifeGroup" that meets on Sunday Mornings, so we've been going to that and really like the people in the class so far. Lots of Microsofters and lots of Texans. Matter of fact the minister and his wife (James and Kelley) are here from Plano and there's another couple from Austin in the class. Anyway, James and Kelley had us over for dinner Sunday night and we had a wonderful time. The adult conversation was MUCH needed. I'm also joining CBS on Thursday morning. I found a location near me and they have openings for the boys, I'm SO excited.
I'm doing good, I'm trying to make lemonade - my mom has said to me all my life, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"! It's a little bitter right now but with time it'll get sweeter, I'm confident of that. God has a purpose for us being here and I know it's not for me to be miserable and homesick.
Ok, I'll let you all get back to your lives now! H
opefully I'll see you in a month!

Well, I did take some of it out, but it was the mushy part! Well, since I'm still figuring out this blogging stuff and it's 12:22 AM PST, I'm going to go for now. Check back and see how long I keep this up!

2 comments:

Keela said...

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited that you're blogging! You know, if we can get Kelly on the bandwagon, we can have our own exclusive THREE BOY Blog Ring!!!! LMBO! I'm so happy to hear that you found a church and are doing well. I can't imagine doing what your doing...specially with 3 young kids. I'm praying for lots of strenght for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey LuLu!!!! I also am glad you are a blogger now,lol. I know you have had so much on you with the move and getting settled. You know, I was praying since you moved that you would find a great local church that you could get plugged into there and make connections with people. I know how much you need that as a couple and as a sahmommy. Sounds like a great church Linds! How is Chad liking Microsoft? I wish you had moved to Nashville instead,lol! You know there is Microsoft there right? I would have been closer to ya. Are the boys doing good? I want to see house pics ASAP! It sounds beautiful. Everytime I go to Chick-Fil-A now I think of you..heehee. I just want to package up a bunch of combo and kids meals from there and UPS them to you! Im so glad you have met other people from Texas. I am praying for you and Chad my dear. On your way to Austin could you stop in Tennessee?lol..Big Hugs!!~Alison&the girls~02mommies