8.22.2006

Boo hoo...

My mom is on an airplane headed to Houston right now. I'm totally bummed! We had such a great visit with her. It's always so hard to let her go home. I cried this time and I haven't done that since the first time she left. It's really ridiculous to cry about her leaving b/c she'll be back in exactly one month from today! I love that she comes to visit so often. This would be so much harder if she weren't able to.
While she was here she and I were able to sneak away to the mall for a few hours. She wanted to have a make over done at the Bare essentials store. They did a great job and we both had a lot of fun. Then we went to the Cheesecake Factory, always a favorite!! My mom has found a new favorite alcoholic beverage called, "a day at the beach". She asked the bartender if he could make it and he'd never heard of it, so she told him what to put in it and he made us some. YUM! That was a delicious drink! Oh and the highlight of the day for me was the fact that he carded me!! Yahoo!! We both just had a yummy salad and no dessert. Good girls, right? After our morning at the mall we came back to the house. We decided to go to church Saturday night and then we had dinner with our friends Dave and Linda again. It was really exciting to see our friends Dawn and Jim and our new friends Connie and Wallace at church as well!
Sunday morning we all got up and dressed and went to eat lunch at Chili's and then took W to Target for his school supply shopping!! I still just can't believe that my baby will be a kindergartner this year! He's so big! Sewell Academy will start on the 5th of September and we are so excited! We let W and E both pick out new lunch boxes this year. We figured that we could use them to take lunches to the park and to museums and things. They picked out identical Cars lunch boxes! They're really cute! We'll hand W's lunch box from last year down to J this year. After all the shopping we drove out to Snoqualmie Falls! My favorite place! My mom thought that it was as beautiful as I thought it was. I think that's it's more beautiful in the Spring than right now, there's not a whole lot of water flowing through it right now. But it's still amazing! We didn't take any pictures of the falls, but we did get some great photo ops! We are SO loving our new camera! So, we turned our trip into a photo shoot! Chad took the camera away from me, so I'm finally in some pictures! They turned out really good, but they're not on the computer yet. As soon as they are I'll post some on here. After we left the falls we went to Cold Stone for some ice cream. We just love that place! When we got home from Cold Stone Chad and I packed a bag and went to stay at the Embassy Suites in Bellevue. It was my mom's idea! She thought we could use a night away, so we took her up on the offer to watch the boys. We ate dinner at Trader Vic's in Bellevue. It was very good, but VERY expensive. I'm really regretting the amount of money we spent on a meal. But, we don't do it very often.
Monday morning my mom took the boys to Krispy Kreme for breakfast and then picked me up at the hotel. We went to the beach at Pine Lake just around the corner from our house. I HAVE NEVER HAD TO COVER UP AT A BEACH IN AUGUST IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I stress that enough? Should I underline and italicize that?? I had a towel over my legs and a towel around my shoulders!! It was SO COLD!! LOL! When the sun was finally shining on the lake, after 1PM it started to warm up. The water was so cold that the boys were shaking! They had a blast though and my mom and I were able to sit and visit some more while the boys played. After naps we took the boys to get haircuts and out to dinner.
That brings us to today. All we did today was take my mom to the airport. Oh, did I forget to mention that we're all in blue jeans and long sleeve shirts today?? The LED at the airport said that it was 59 degrees! IN AUGUST!! LOL! I'm SO not used to this!!

Well, I think that's all I know for now. This sure was long! Sorry! If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Sorry your mom is gone. But, I bet you see her more now than you did when you were in Austin! :) The Falls are beautiful. Let's hope I can talk Brent in to a trip up your way in the near future.

Anonymous said...

This Momma had a great time too!!! Funny that you cried, so did I and I also haven't done that for a while. I'm a little teary as I write this comment!!! Let's be sure to take Gran Gran to the Falls when we come in September. She won't be able to climb the stairs, but if we park where Chad did she can walk the sidewalk to the fence and see the falls. See you in September!!! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Awww! I'm so glad you're mom is getting to come up so often!! Have a great time with them this month!!! I can't believe it was so chilly at the beach in Aug!
Sorry, so many post's :) ...just wanted to see what past post's I've missed.