8.13.2006

What a weekend!

Ok, so I'm really not good at "blogging" regularly, however, it has been such a great weekend that I just want to talk about it!

Friday night was our second meeting of the "11th Hour Scrappers" at church. We had 7 this time as opposed to the 4 that came the first time. I was very encouraged that we had 3 more than last time and only 2 of us were there both times. So, there were 5 new girls there this time! Next month there may be even more! I can't wait to meet some new women in the church! The scrapnight was pretty productive for me. I got some old journaling done and completed one layout. I typically only get one layout done!

Saturday morning we met some new friends at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. This guy (David) that works for Microsoft emailed Chad out of the blue last week and asked him if there was any chance that he was from Tyler, TX. Chad wrote him back and confirmed that he was. David and Chad then emailed back and forth comparing Tyler notes, but David and Chad went to highschool together and graduated one year apart. They made plans to have lunch on Friday afternoon and had a great time getting to know each other. David called Chad Friday night and asked him if we would like to meet them at the Zoo Saturday. He is married and has a little boy that is 2.5 and has another boy on the way, he will be here Wed, as a matter of fact! We had a great time getting to know these new friends and hope to spend more time with them in the future! After the zoo we came home and all took naps and then went to church. After church we went to dinner (at Chipotle) with our friends Dave and Linda and their kids. They sneakily announced that they are expecting baby #4 during dinner! We could not be happier for them! We're so glad that it's them and not us! Their kids are all real close together like ours and the 4th will be less than 2 years apart from #3. I have to admit that we were really honored that they told us they were pregnant. They just found out Friday and didn't announce it to our Lifegroup until this morning. So we were among the first to find out! See, we are making friends!

This morning we went to our Lifegroup at church. The lesson was good. It was on humility. One of the discussion question we were given was, "What are ways that we can practice humility?" I think that one way I can practice it is to talk less and listen more. If I'm listening instead of talking, then I'm not bragging on myself. With enough practice maybe I can work on adding the humility part in it as well. Something we thought was interesting was that in Numbers Moses wrote something to the effect of "Moses was the most humble person...". I need to go look up the scripture, but we thought it was interesting! We also talked about whether or not Superman was humble. What do you think?
After naps this afternoon we took the boys to a little park to play for a little while. It wasn't great, but they had fun and got to run around a little. Then we went to the pet store to buy fish for our new Aquarium. We bought 4 fish. One for each of the boys and one for me! W picked out an Albino Catfish named Oatmeal, E picked out a Black Mollie named Donald and J picked out a Skirted Tetra named Mickey Mouse. I picked out an Angel fish named Angel, real original, huh? Once we put the boys fish into the tank they immediately appeard to have similar personalities to their owners! It was crazy! However, we're now thinking that Donald (named after Donald Duck) should've been named Daisy! After we put the boys to bed Chad noticed that there are two teeny, tiny baby black fish swimming around really low near the rocks. We have some black rocks in the tank so they were really hard to see. Now we're also noticing that there are two little green egg looking things in there. So, our 4 fish are now 6! I can't wait until the boys wake up in the morning to tell them! Hopefully the babies will survive! It will be fun to watch them grow!

Well that's about all we did this weekend! It was busy but fun! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when we put W to bed last night he had gotten out his Goodnight Bible, which he loves to hear stories from. I asked him if instead of us reading the story he could read it and he did! The whole thing! I'll grab the book and post the story later, but for now I'm off to bed. Chad and I were both in his room to hear the story and we were so proud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Joshua named his fish Pfish. Babies!! Already, how fun is that??? The boys will be thrilled. Give them a hug from Nana and I'll see you on Friday night.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I love this...you're going to get me addicted too :)
That's sooo wonderful that Will is reading so much!!