5.01.2007

Our Trip...

Well, in the time since I last posted we took a two week vacation to Texas!! We had a WONDERFUL time!!! We flew into DFW on 4/3 and had quite the welcoming committee!! My mother-in-law and my friend Kristen picked us up from the airport. Kristen picked us up so we could get car seats from her. We all drove to Kristen and Brent's new house and hung out for a while. Then we went to eat at Rudy's BBQ!!! YUM!!! After dinner we drove to Tyler to spend almost a week with Chad's family.

We had such a great time seeing everyone. We got to go out to Chad's uncle's lake house for dinner with Diann's family. He took some amazing pictures of the sun setting over the lake.


We went to Caldwell Zoo while we were in Tyler and the boys had a blast!!


We celebrated Easter with Chad's family as well. We went to church at the church that Chad went to when he still lived there. He and Diann saw several people they knew! Then we went to his grandparents for lunch and the Easter Egg Hunt. Chad's brother Blake and his kids were there too. The kids all had a ball!





Mimaw Bobbie bought all those silly hats for the kids to wear during the hunt!

On 4/9 we drove to my grandmother's in Pert, Tx and visited with her for a little while. It was a good visit but not nearly long enough! I liked it better when we lived in Texas and we could go visit for a weekend. We picked up my mom's car there and drove to Houston. We were in Houston for almost a week as well and got to see most of the family. We drove to Brenham one day to meet one of my friends from Austin and her little girl. We had lunch and then went to the Blue Bell Creamery. We planned to do the tour but the one we wanted was sold out, so we just had some ice cream. While in Brenham we took some bluebonnet pictures.




I turned 30 while we were in Houston. YEA! I spent the day with my mom. We got mani's and pedi's and then we went to lunch. After lunch I got my hair cut and then we went shopping. It was so fun! When we got back to the house Chad and the boys threw me a little bday party! They gave me a pearl necklace with matching earrings and a cake. They sang and I got to blow out candles. Then Chad and I went to a nice quiet dinner.




On our last night in Houston my mom had the whole family over for a family birthday party. All 3 of my sisters, Joshua, my grandmother and I have April birthdays! Since we were all together, my mom hired a professional photographer to come take a family portrait. The pictures turned out SO good!!


There are many more, but I think I'll save them for another post. Our last full day in Texas had us visiting many friends!! First we drove to Corsicana and had lunch with my friend Angie and her little girl. I stupidly forgot to take pictures though. We had a great time catching up! I miss her SO much! Then we drove to Arlington and had dinner with my friend Kristy, her husband and their little girl. I hadn't seen Kris in a LONG time! It was really good to spend some time with them. I did take some pictures while we were at their house.


After dinner with Kristy we drove to Flower Mound and stayed the night with Kristen and her family. I again forgot to take pictures. The next morning we went back to the airport and flew back to Seattle. Boo hoo!!

We had such a wonderful time that it was really hard to come back. We hope to make it back to Texas soon!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

We had a great time. I posted some before and after pics of the living areas. Will work on the rest later. It's a start!

Kelly said...

I am glad you had a good time! It sounds like an awesome fun filled 2 weeks. Man, I am only 40 minutes from Brenham, I would have loved to meet you at the Blue Bell factory, next time I would love to meet up with you guys again!

I loved all the pics.