5.25.2007

Will is 6!!!!

Oh my goodness, I can't even believe it!!

I turned 30 this year and it really hasn't been that big of a deal! I am though totally freaking out about the fact that my oldest is 6 and I'm celebrating my 9th wedding anniversary in less than 2 weeks!!! YIKES!!!

Anyway, back to Will! I will never forget the 17.5 hour labor I went through with him! Our poor families!! Everyone was there for Will's birth, including Chad's grandparents! We played cards, we talked, I tried to nap and I absolutely banned any and all food in my presence!! As the hours wore on, we were all getting tired of the nurses coming in to check me and telling me that there was no progress!! I was induced on 5/24 and I just knew that Will was going to be born on the 24th!! However, my dad - a new Christian at the time - was praying that Will would be born on 5/25 because he was being baptized on the 25th and he thought it would be neat to share that very important day. I kept telling him that it wasn't going to happen so he should stop praying for it to happen!!

Finally at 10:30PM on the 24th the doctor and nurses told me to start pushing b/c Will was still very high and if I started pushing I might could push him down. Well, I won't bore you with all the details of that full hour and a half of pushing but finally at midnight (yes 12:00AM on the 25th) the doctor got the vacuum. I pushed once with the vacuum and nothing happened, she said that if I didn't get him out with the next push I was going to have to have a C-section. Well, determination kicked in, I wasn't going to go this long and have it end in a c-section! So, with that push out came my precious Will, at 12:09AM on May 25th, the same day that my dad was baptized!! God is so good!!

Here's a picture of Will in the hospital after he was born:



Here's a picture taken of him last month:



Ugh, he is just too big!! He has to stop growing!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Gosh-How could I have almost forgotten about the vacuum?? You are such a bright and amazing boy Will. It has been wonderful being a part of your life. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my Prince Will!! I love you, baby and I'm glad I got to be a part of your special day!!! Love, Nana.

Kelly said...

I hope you have a great birthday Will! I remember when you were turning 1, it is amazing how quickly time flies!!!