8.04.2007

What a week!!

So this has been one of those weeks that makes me not ever want to leave Seattle!!

Tuesday we spent some time with the Linda and the kids, we don't get to see them very often anymore :(.
Wednesday I decided on a whim to take the boys to the beach! Crazy, I know! But oh so fun! Well, at least until the Boys & Girls Club of Bellevue showed up! The boys had a great time and so did I!





Thursday we went with Carley and the boys to the Blueberry Farm! It was awesome! We went to one that was right at the base of Mt. Si. It was gorgeous! The boys and I picked 5 lbs of berries! Now I can't figure out what to do with all of them! LOL! I made my first blueberry pie and it's way too tart! Then I made blueberry muffins that turned out okay. This morning I made blueberry pancakes that were too tart as well. I probably still have 2 or 3 lbs of berries left! LOL!







Friday we did some back to school shopping and had lunch at Costco. Where else can you feed 4 people for $7?? What a deal!
Saturday was the first day of the SeaFair Airshow. Last year we went to the beach to watch the Blue Angels, this year we went into Seattle to the Museum of Flight. The Museum is located near the Boeing Airstrip and that is where the Blue Angels take off and land for the airshow. So we got to see the pilots walk out to their planes, we got to hear the engines start, see them get into formation and then take off down the runway. We also got to see them fly over several times as they got back into formation for different parts of the show. It was so loud and SOOOOOOO cool!! I tell ya', no matter how many times I see those planes it's still an incredible, exhilarating experience for me. I had tears in my eyes as they took off! I want to be a Blue Angels pilot when I grow up!! When the show was done we went to the souvenir tent and the boys each got a plane. They've been "flying" them all over the house ever since!







After we bought souvenirs we went and toured an old Concorde jet and an old Air Force One plane. Those were really cool!

Yesterday we got to spend time with family!! In Washington! My Uncle Roger (Bob's brother), my Aunt Cindy, my cousin Roxanne and her boyfriend Shawn were all up from Texas visiting my cousin Alexis and they all came to spend some time with us. We took them to Snoqualmie Falls and then we went to Marymoor Park in Redmond. The boys had SO much fun and totally ate up the attention!

Here are Shawn, Roxanne and the boys:


After the park we came back to the house and I made soft tacos and queso for dinner. Then Roger, Roxanne and Alexis took Shawn to the airport for his red-eye back to DFW. This morning the boys and I made Monkey Bread for breakfast. It was SO yummy and SO easy to make. Then before Roger and Cindy headed to the airport we went to Pine Lake Park to let the boys play.







Joshua really liked that plane! After we got back from the park, Alexis and Roxanne left to head up North to Bellingham (where Alexis lives). Roxanne will fly back to Dallas on Thursday so I don't think we'll be able to see her again. We had a really good time though. I'm exhausted now! I think I'll need a week to recover from all the excitement of last week! Oh, Will goes back to the ortho tomorrow for his head gear. I'll post a picture of his mouth again tomorrow. The gap b/w his two front teeth is so big now! I can't wait for his baby teeth to fall out and his adult teeth to come in and fill up that space!

Ok that's it for now!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

So much fun! I will gladly take some blueberries off your hands!

NanaBlue said...

OMGosh!!! I love how I can instantly be kept up todate on what's going on your lives!! Isn't technology wonderful? Love you 5!!! Mom

NanaBlue said...

Blueberries require a LOT of sugar. They are very tart!!! Love you.