So, first, pictures!!
Sitting at his desk!
I didn't realize that when the kids get there before the bell at 9:00AM, they get to go play outside on the playground until the bell rings. Well, I wasn't real comfortable with that, so I rushed back out to the car (dragging Ethan and Joshua behind me) and drove around to the back of the school to watch and be sure he was safe and okay. Then when the bell rang his class lined up outside the door to his class and waited to go inside. But, I didn't see Will in the line. Well, you can imagine that this over protective mom had a little bit of a problem with that!! So, I cried all the way home!! I mean SOBBED!! Then when I got home I curled up in a little ball in my bed and cried some more. Poor Ethan didn't know WHAT was going on with me! He kept rubbing my arm and telling me that it was going to be okay! Oh, I just love that kid!
Finally, I pulled it together and called the school to ask them if Will was in his class. They called down to his room and then told me that he was sitting in his desk! I was SO much better after that! My friend Dawn came over for lunch and hung out with Ethan, Joshua and I. Then she took us to get ice cream! She's such a good friend! When we picked Will up I asked him how his day was and he said, "it was GREAT!" That's what he's said everyday for 2.5 weeks now! LOL! He's loving school and it is going really well! I'm very happy with his teacher, Mrs. Myers. She's very kind and understanding of my inability to let go!
Oh yeah, Will gets to be the "Star Attraction" this week!! He was so excited! I figured he'd have to wait until the end of the year since he's a W and #21 of 22 kids. But, he's the third one! We got to fill out his poster last night to return to school this week. I have to go up to volunteer this week, so I'll try to take a picture of it.
Okay, that's all for now! I've got some other things to talk about, but I'll let you have a breather for a little while!

5 comments:
Your not overprotective at all. I would have probably even went back in the school to make sure my kid was in there. I think you have done a great job with your new life! It is sure is exhausting, but oh so fun.
Many, sorry about the bad grammar there. Maybe I need to go back to 1st grade!
ugh....I meant MAN,....
I'm glad Will is enjoying his new school!!! Give him a big hug from Nana.
you owe me pics!
Post a Comment