We had our tour of the Overlake Hospital Childbirth Center last night. It was a great tour! They talked some about how things would be different if you were having twins. I took a whole page of notes! LOL!
The thing that I thought was interesting is that when you're delivering twins they automatically move you to one of the operating rooms. I guess that way they're ready if you need to have an emergency C-section. The lady that did our tour also teaches an "Expecting Multiples" class at the hospital and she said that 50% of twin deliveries end in a C-section. UGH! Those are not very good odds! We are going to sign up for that class though b/c it seemed like they will cover some good information that I'm kind of stressing about.
Oh, they do have a level 3 nursery (NICU) and they have 12 private cubicles in the NICU so I can stay with the babies in there if we wind up needing it. Cool, huh? They also have 3 nourishment kitchens in the childbirth center that are stocked with all kinds of drinks, sandwiches, salads, veggie cups, fruit cups, jello and other small snacks that are available 24 hours a day to anyone with a security band (so Chad and I will have access to that anytime we need it). After having a baby at 12:09AM, I totally realize the value of 24 hour access to food!!!
The only thing that I didn't like was that they don't have a nursery so they only have a rooming in option. I know that may make me sound like a terrible mom, but after 3 kids, I don't really need to learn how to change diapers, KWIM?? I need my sleep!!!!
Anyway, now that we know where to go when the time comes I feel a lot more comfortable. It's a nice hospital and I'm looking forward to my time there!
11 years ago

3 comments:
Sounds like you had a good tour Linds! The one thing I learned with Cassidy was to let her go back to the nursery so I could sleep!!LOL...So , NO your bad for saying that. I was so glad my hospital (Birthing center) also had a nursery when I had Catherine. Hopefully, you will not need a C-section and they won't be that premature. Defenitly take that Multiples (twins) Class! I'm sure you will be given alot of important info you will need to know. Hugs,Alison
It has taken me forever to catch up on everyone's blog. Sounds like you had a great tour! A multiples class sounds like some great resources!
I love these blogs. I hear you on the no nursery thing. I sent Kylie to the nursery when she was born because I needed sleep. I will be praying for you and your babies. Hoping you don't have to have a C-section.
Stephanie
Post a Comment