4.12.2008

What a wonderful day!!!

UGH! I forgot to post this yesterday! So, pretend you're reading this yesterday (Saturday 4/12)!

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!!!

Yes that's right, it's my birthday! And what a wonderful day it has been! Let's see, where to start. Well, I'll start with yesterday (Friday).

Chad took the day off to spend with the family in honor of my birthday and Will's last day of Spring Break. We were going to actually have nice weather so we decided to head down to the Pike Place Market. We did a little wandering around and ate at Lowell's in the market for lunch. They have some amazing views!

After lunch I bought a beautiful bouquet of daffodils and tulips and then we loaded up in the car. We drove over to Alki Beach (a Seattle landmark that we had never been to before) and let the boys throw rocks into the water.

After playing at the beach we went and found Alki Bakery on cousin Alexis' recommendation. It was GOOD!
After driving home I took a quick nap and then had dinner with my friend Dawn before the Awake women's conference started at our church.

The conference continued this morning until about three this afternoon. It was a great conference with wonderful speakers and awesome music (you rocked Marisa!). First thing this morning they asked us to look under our chairs and if we had a star sticker then we won concert tickets. So, I looked under my chair (totally not expecting a star - things just don't go that way for me) and lo and behold, a blue star sticker!!! I couldn't believe it! I won two tickets to the Steven Curtis Chapman concert at our church in May!!! Chad and I were talking just the other day about buying tickets for the concert and now we don't have to!! Isn't God good?? Then later in the afternoon I won a drawing for an Arbonne gift certificate donated by my friend Angel!!! I felt bad for winning two things and would have given one of them away, but I really wanted both! That was my totally selfish moment of the day! Is that horrible of me?

Anyway, when I left the conference it was 70+ degrees and SUNNY!!! Totally unlike Seattle in April! It was awesome! So when I got home I changed into a tank top and capri pants and we ran some quick errands. Then we came home and cooked burgers and hot dogs on the grill while the boys played with the new water table that Joshua got for his birthday.

After the burgers we had a coffee house crunch cake from Cold Stone and then it was bath time.

Whew, if you made it this far you get a gold star! I have a tendency to make long stories longer!! Oh wait, I forgot to include pictures of what Chad and the boys saw while I was at the conference!!
These pictures are of our backyard yesterday morning...

Can you see all three of them? Here's the fourth...

Ok, that's all for now! I promise!!

7 comments:

David and Linda said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I knew it was coming up, now I have it on my calendar so I won't forget the date next year! I am so happy you had such a wonderful day!:)

NanaBlue said...

WOW! What a day!!! So glad it was so special - with your luck you should have bought a lottery ticket LOL!!!

BTW - the deer look like a Momma (the single picture) and triplet babies!!

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!! Looks like ya'll had a great day! Oh, buy the way, You look beautiful!
Blessings ~ Christi Gallagher

Kristen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You take those two gifts and sing "Happy Birthday to Me!".

Cheryl said...

happy belated birthday! glad you had a fun day.

Kristy said...

Did you get my card? I hope so! I actually sent a card in the mail! It doesn't seem like that is done too much anymore. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. I did add more to my blog - are you surprised! Still no picture - but I'll get there! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lindsey! We had a Ladies Retreat your B'Day weekend too :)
Kara