6.06.2008

10 Years of Wedded Bliss

So, where were you 10 years ago today? I was preparing for the most wonderful day of my life! I had the most beautiful dress, the most beautiful flowers, the most beautiful bridesmaids, the most beautiful mothers of the bride and mother of the groom, well, you get the picture! I had the most beautiful wedding! It was a dream come true! My favorite part was walking down the aisle to the man of my dreams, knowing that this was the moment that we'd been waiting for. We were finally going to become husband and wife! I've never been more happy or felt more beautiful than I did that day! I wish I could go back and relive it all over again!

10 years, where has it gone? SO much has happened in 10 years. So much has changed in 10 years. We've lived in 8 different residences in 4 different areas. We've had 3 children and are expecting 2 more. We've met some amazing people, made some incredible friends and lost too many very loved family members. If you had told me 10 years ago that this is what my life would be now, I would have laughed at you!! See, Chad and I absolutely did not want to have children. EVER!! I also never thought I would live more than 20 minutes from my mom! Yet, here we are, in rainy Seattle, patiently awaiting the arrival of our 4th and 5th children! WOW! How did we get here? With a lot of love, prayer and commitment.

If I had it all to do over again, would I? ABSOLUTELY!!! Chad is still the man of my dreams! I can not imagine my life with out him. He is my knight in shining armor! I'm so thankful everyday that God brought us together!

Happy Anniversary Babe! I love you a&f!

9 comments:

NanaBlue said...

Happy, happy anniversary you two!!!!

Angel said...

Awwwww.....You lovebirds! Happy Anniversary! I thought of that today when I was driving home from Krispy Kreme. Glad you got some! What kind did you pick out?

Anonymous said...

10 years ago? I was at that beautiful wedding! You were gorgeous. Of course, since I've had several weddings in my family ... but, seriously, it was a wonderful day and we all knew that the two of you were going to have a great life...totally in love...etc,etc,etc. How fortunate for this world that God changed your minds about children. They are all beautiful. I'm glad you are doing so well in your pregnancy. Hang on , gal, your mom will be there soon!!

Aunt Sandy

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary! What an amazing ride you have been on for the past 10 years.

Kristen said...

Oh and what was I doing this time 10 years ago? Being courted by my now husband of 8 years! :)

christi said...

happy anniversary!! hope ya'lls day is just as blessed as it was ten years ago!

Cheryl said...

happy anniversary you two! I can't imagine you never wanting kids.. you are such a great mom! It was good to see you today at church even if it was a short visit.

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you 2 have a great time celebrating. We need another belly shot!