Ok, on to the good news. The twins went in for another weight check today and I was NOT looking forward to it. My mom and Chad had both been saying they thought Andrew looked like he was filling out. So, we were at the doctor at 10:30 this morning (I am SO proud of myself!) and were ushered back to our exam room. Andrew was first. I got him naked, put him on the scale and held my breath. The scale read 6.065. WHAT????????????? On Saturday he was 6 lbs, 2oz. How on Earth has he lost 1.5 ounces since Saturday. He's nursing every 2-3 hours and getting 1-2 ounces of formula after every feeding! My eyes started welling up, I don't know what else I can do. I tried to quickly dry my eyes and get Alex ready for his time on the scale. I again held my breath and waited for the scale to start flashing, signaling it was done weighing. When it did I saw 8.000!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I can't believe it! He was 7 lbs, 9 oz on Saturday. What a little chunk! LOL! He has now surpassed his birth weight and we don't need to supplement him anymore! Yipee!! Now we wait for the doctor to come in and talk to us about the next step for Andrew. After waiting for about 15 minutes a different nurse came in and said she wanted to re-weigh Andrew. He gets back on the scale and it again says 6.065. Then the doctor came in and explained that while that number looks like he weighs 6 lbs, 6/10 of an ounce, he actually weighs 6 lbs, 6.5 oz! He gained 4 oz in 4 days and is above his birth weight!!!!!!! Yipee again! She also thought his color looked better and decided not to take his blood. She wants us to keep doing exactly what we're doing with him for a couple days and then we can start weaning him off of supplements. I have to take Will and Ethan for well checks next Thursday so she wants to weigh Andrew again to be sure he continues to go in the right direction.
So now I'm a very happy mom that could really use a nap! LOL! Here is a picture of the twins from yesterday. Alex is on the left and Andrew is on the right.

10 comments:
That is great news!! Good job!
I can't wait to meet the little men!
Great news!! The boys are gorgeous!
That is awesome news!! You must feel some relieve. Hope you can get some rest!! Love y'all!!
praise the Lord lyndsey! the boys are precious! they definitely look like sewell boys! too cute
Awesome! I hope you sleep extra good tonight! Maybe I'll see you tomorrow at VBC :)
Linds, they are beautiful... I'm so glad things are getting "smoother" for you. Love ya bunches.
Yeah! That's great news,Lindsey! God is so good.
Awesome news! I am glad the boys are doing so well...and boy are they cute!
I know you are SO relieved to hear such good news Lindsey! I hope you get a very LONG nap today as well!LOL...Love you honey~Good is Good!
WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! Just had to say that...I can't imagine how exhausted you are! One baby is hard, two...wow. You're in my thoughts and prayers all the time. I see anything baby related or twins and I think of you. ;)
So good to hear the good news!!!
Post a Comment