7.25.2008

Salmon and Cupcakes

Sounds like a great combination, doesn't it?

Monday was a great day! My mom had never been to the Hiram M. Chittenden locks in Ballard, so we decided to take her out there to check it out. Lucky for us there are two cupcake shops in the same area! We thought we would have a cupcake tasting day and decide which cupcakes we liked better. Yes that does mean that each of us were required to eat two cupcakes in one day!

Cupcake #1, Cupcake Royale:
Ethan and I had the Red Velvet, Will had The Classic,

Joshua had the Lemon Drop
and Mom was good and just got a baby cupcake.


After our first taste of heaven, we headed out to the locks. They also have a really cool salmon ladder that helps the salmon get back to the fresh water to spawn.

I don't have pics of the ladder b/c I was nursing babies while Mom and the boys explored it.

After our time down by the water, we headed to our next sweet stop.
Cupcake #2, Trophy Cupcakes

Will got the Snickerdoodle,

Ethan got Red Velvet again,

Joshua did not obey at the locks so he didn't get to eat his cupcake at the shop

Mom got the Hummingbird (which was Banana, Pineapple, Coconut cake with Cream Cheese Icing)

And I got the Triple Chocolate, please ignore me in this picture and just focus on the beautiful cupcake!

We had such a great and exhausting day! Two big days in a row. On Tuesday we just stayed home and took it easy. I was worn out and so were the twins. I can't wait though to go get some more cupcakes! Oh, I forgot to mention that my mom and I both agreed that the better cupcakes were the ones at Trophy Cupcakes. We brought one of each home for Chad so he could participate as well and he liked the Cupcake Royale one better. I guess that means we'll have to visit them both again! YUM!

8 comments:

David and Linda said...

Yum! Those look so good! I have never had a cupcake from a shop like that before! Is there a shop like that in Bellevue?

Anonymous said...

Yummy! It looks like you had a fun day! Can't wait to come help you try some new flavors of cupcakes!!

Karlise said...

Oh what fun!! That's my kind of day- cupcakes!! Can you send me some??? ;)

Alison said...

Why should I ignore you in the last pic?LOL~ the cupcake shops look very cool! What a beautiful place you all visited. I would have taken the red velvet cupcake HANDS DOWN! *Hugs*

marisabutterworth said...

What a wonderful day! We love going to both places but I think that I have to agree with you that the Trophy Cupcakes are a little bit better. The Cupcake Royale cupcakes are super cute though and I love their Babycakes. Jesse just said that he loves Trophy Cupcakes because they are "...so cakey. They are just like battery goodness." Can you tell that we are serious about our cupcakes?;)

NanaBlue said...

I loved the cupcakes at both places and wish I tried the Lavender one at the first place!! I miss you already!

christi said...

ok ~ for a little boy how didn't obey his mom and didn't get to eat his cupcake at the shop with his brothers, Joshua sure looks happy with that big ole grin on his face in that picture! he is so cute. well, they all are!

Didi said...

Tell Nana Blue that I vote for her cupcake...the Hummingbird one...it sounded delicious. Will looked absolutely precious w/o his teeth....LOL