8.19.2008

Between Visits...

Monday, August 11th was the first day of Chad's 4 week Paternity Leave (THANK YOU MICROSOFT!) and we had 4 days between Megan leaving and Kristen arriving. We spent that time enjoying our new family unit.

First we had a visit from our resident deer. If you didn't read about it on my mom's blog, I'll fill you in here. One of our deer had twin fawns not long after A&A were born! They are SO cute! So this particular morning the momma and the twin spotted fawns were grazing on our grass. There is an apple tree in the neighbors yard behind our house. It's on a hill and when the apples fall off they roll to our yard. Momma deer found an apple and chowed down!


Then she decided to visit the apple tree and see if she could get any more! See how she's up on her back legs?


Will had a couple soccer practices and he's doing really well! He's the one in the brown shirt. One of the boys on his team was in his class last year and another one of the boys goes to Awana with us!


On Thursday 8/14 we went blueberry picking! One of my favorite summer activities up here! The boys were all excited about blueberry picking, but they don't eat them! LOL! It was a pretty hot day though and Andrew was not enjoying himself so we didn't stay long. The blueberries cost $1.75 per pound and when we checked out we owed $1.20!! I thought we had a lot more than that! Oh well, we'll just have to go back!


This is just a really cool picture of the blueberries with Mt. Si in the back ground.

On Friday, 8/15 Andrew had another weight check. He was 8 lbs, 14 oz!! He'd put on a pound in a week! Whoo hoo!! He's getting so big! When the doctor walked in he said, "So, is this the baby that we were worried wasn't gaining weight? I don't think we need to worry anymore!". I asked the doctor to chart him on the growth chart and he was up to the 10% now! Good job Andrew!

Alex didn't need to be weighed, but they let me weigh him anyway. He was 11 lbs, 1.5 oz!! Can you believe it?? He's a stinkin' chunk! WOW!

I'll be back later to tell you all about Kristen's visit! For now though I need to sleep. I think I'm trying to get mastitis.

I know this is kind of out of order, but I want to say a quick congrats to Carley and David. They welcomed their third baby boy into the world tonight at 8:44pm PST! We've seen pictures and he's absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to get my hands on him!

Good night!

7 comments:

NanaBlue said...

All the babies!!! Andrew is getting really big!!!!!!! And Alex is quite the little porker!!!! Miss you all. Love, Mom.

Karlise said...

Awww love the deer but the boys are too cute! Alex is going to outweigh Bella soon! Oh and send those blueberries our way. Our season is over and we didn't get to pick any (too darn hot!). The boys LOVE them!

Kristen said...

I love that picture of the blueberries and Mt. Si! Can I pretend I took it and order it?? ;) I need to email you the pics of the boys smiling...they are so cute. Will do that tonight. I hope you are feeling better and called your dr!! Congrats to Carly and David!

NanaBlue said...

Why are you getting Mastitis? Are you okay?

Kristy said...

Too sweet. . .I want to know what Levi weighs! Next week he has an appointment. . .I love that Will is playing soccer! Kenzi starts her third outdoor season next week. She is very excited - her team name is Storm this season!

Amanda said...

Great pictures Lindsey. You have some beautiful scenery there in WA...WOW!!! I'm saying a prayer for you that you are NOT getting Mastitis. I had it twice with Andon and I was SO severly ill.

David and Linda said...

Okay I know you travel to N.B.! When are you coming my way!! I live only 5 minutes from the blueberry farm! :)