My mom flew back home on 7/26 and yes, I cried. It was SO wonderful having her here for so long. My mom is my best friend and we get along so very well. It's been a really long time since I've lived close to her and been able to spend so much time with her. It was a huge blessing having her here for so long. Thanks Mom, I love you!!
I didn't need to cry for too long though b/c about 6 hours after dropping Mom off at the airport we were back picking up my step-mom, Jayme. She flew up from Kansas City to help us out for a week and we are SO thankful! Poor Jayme wound up sick and I'm pretty sure miserable, but she managed to suck it up and be a huge help! Thank you so much!!
Here is a picture of Jayme with all 5 of the boys.
While she was here we were able to go watch the Blue Angels practice and that was SO cool! I just love Seafair weekend and the Blue Angels airshow!
Sadly and with some more tears Jayme had to go home too. She flew home on 8/2 and it was at that point that Chad and I realized we need someone to come several times a week and clean our kitchen and do our laundry. See, it had been 7 weeks since we've had to do either one of those chores!!
On Monday 8/4 Chad went to work and I finally was left alone with all 5 boys. WOW! Thankfully it was just a few hours before reinforcements showed up! My friend Stacy and her daughter came and entertained us until after 3:00. It was such a blessing! Then Tuesday morning 8/5 I was alone as well and managed to make it just fine. We all got up, got dressed and headed to the airport to pick up our next visitor. My friend Megan flew up from Austin to help us out for a week as well. I'm so thankful for all these wonderful friends and family members that are willing to take their vacation or leave to come help us out! We are so blessed!
We are having lots of fun with "Miss Megan"! I'll be back after she goes home on Tuesday to blog about all of our adventures. I'll leave you with some newer pictures of the twins.
Here's Andrew, and yes, he holds his pacifier! They were both weighed on 7/31 and Andrew was 7 lbs, 5 ounces.
And here's Alex, our little chunky monkey!! He weighed 9 lbs, 3 ounces.

3 comments:
Can't wait to love on those chubby cheeks! And give those big boys lovin' too!
They both have Popeye eyes! LOL They are soo cute!! I'm glad you have so much help, wish I could be there!
Okay, now I'm crying!!! I was so tired when it was time to go home that I was ready, but that only lasted about 3 days. Now I'm ready to come back and see my sweet boys!!! Love you, honey!!!
Post a Comment