Yesterday we went to the Bellevue Strawberry Festival. It's a little festival, much smaller than the Pasadena Strawberry Festival that I grew up going to, but we had a really good time. It only took a couple hours to go through the entire thing (and that included sitting down to eat)!! After the festival we came home to let Joshua nap and then we went to dinner at XXX Root Beer in Issaquah. Some friends of ours recommended it and we finally decided to give it a try. What a neat place! It was full of 50's and 60's memorabilia and the burgers were YUM-O!! Then we headed over to Cold Stone to get ice cream.
Today we went to church and it was "Upgrade Sunday" for the kiddos! Will's the only one that got to promote since he's the only one that is school aged. He really enjoyed his first Sunday in his 1st grade class! Ethan and Joshua went to their usual 4 year old and 3 year old class. They both got to make crown's in class and were very proud of them, although Joshua wound up with a big glob of purple glue stick in his hair! Poor baby!
After church we came home, ate lunch and put J down for a nap. After naptime we went to a farewell party for one of our new neighbors. They're moving to Round Rock!! I'm going down there on Wednesday night and climbing in one of their boxes! Shhhhhhhh!! It was a really fun party! The couple that hosted it are from Texas as well and they threw a Texas style BBQ! I'm telling you, it was as good as ANYTHING I've had in Texas! Better even than some, or I've been here too long! LOL! I do have to say though that I've never been to a BBQ in June that was only 55 degrees outside!!! I don't know if I'll ever get used to the weather up here!
So now, all the boys are in bed. Chad and I are relaxing, having a little libation and watching Tivo'd episodes of Deadliest Catch.
I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend!
11 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! The strawberries have been good this season, so I bet they are even better up there straight from the source! :)
Glad you got to have some Texas BBQ!!! Kudos on going out for ice cream. The boys must have an ice cream genie!!! LOL!!! Love, Mom.
Post a Comment